A leading coal and energy company
SUEK is a global top-five thermal coal exporter and Russia’s largest producer of electricity and heat from solid fossil fuels, with assets of $14 billion and revenue of $8.3 billion as at 31 December 2018.
Our multi-product fully vertically integrated business model includes coal, heat, power and logistics and logistics assets and enables us to achieve both significant cost efficiencies and diversified revenue streams. These in turn underpin SUEK’s strong margins, cash generation and balance sheet.
- Large reserves of high-calorific low-sulphur and low-nitrogen coals and 30+ years life of mine
- World-class washing plants, owned railcars and ports and extensive marketing infrastructure in all major importing regions
- Co-generation power plants fuelled by locally-produced coals
10.9 GW power capacity
- A top-5 coal supplier to the international coal market
- No.1 electricity and heat producer from solid fossil fuel in Russia
- Most our coal mining assets are positioned in the lower end of the global cost curve due to economies of scale, efficient production and RUB denominated cost base
- Synergy between coal and energy businesses
>80 % of international coal sales are high-CV products
Over 50% exposure to international markets, where our high-quality coals trade in premium markets
of revenue generated from stable domestic power, heat and coal sales
Downstream integration into the resilient Siberian energy market